Saturday, September 1, 2012

MARTINI MEDITATIONS



Boston

                                                                   I like to have a martini,                                       
                                                                 Two at the very most.             
                                                                   After three I'm under the table,      
                                                                     After four I'm under my host.            
                                                                          ~ Dorothy Parker
   
                                                             For gin, in cruel
                                                          Sober truth,
                                                           Supplies the fuel
                                                              For flaming youth.
                                 Noel Coward

I'm sick sober and sorry
I'm broke disgusted and sad
I'm sick sober and sorry
but look at all the fun that I had
Tex Atchison & Eddie Hazelwood       

                         Venice                                    



I thank God for the
small but beautiful way
in which alcohol
has touched my life
today
                       David Bateman

No comments:

Post a Comment